This is a husband and also a few of his UK friend’s favourite. We even bribed a friend of his to paint a hallway for us with promises of this chicken. It can be cooked under a grill and is also great on a bbq (currently waiting for Dubai summer to be over so we can get the bbq out again!) It is an easy dish to put together. The ingredients for the marinade can be finely chopped and mixed by hand instead of using a blender. Part-boned chicken breasts can be used but allow an extra 5-10 minutes cooking time. For an extra tang of flavour, add a little freshly grated lemon grass or grated lemon to the marinade.
400ml tin coconut cream
3-4 gloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2-3 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
1-2 tspn fresh ginger (you could use ground ginger)
Grated zest and juice of 1-2 limes
1 tblspn honey
1 bunch fresh coriander
4 boneless chicken breasts
- Place the coconut cream in a blender with all the other ingredients (except the chicken) and blend the mixture for a few seconds until well mixed.
- Make 3 diagonal cuts across the chicken breasts, arrange in a dish and pour over the coconut marinade. Cover and marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to a medium setting. Arrange the chicken, skin side down in a grill pan and spread over some of the marinade.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning and basting. Allow slightly longer to cook the skin side of the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking , gently heat the remaining marinade in a saucepan. Do not boil as it may start to separate.
- Serve the chicken with the sause.
- Eat and enjoy!