A chocolate cake without flour which results in a rich, mousse like cake. I am using erythritol in replace of sugar here. I have just started to experiment with this as a sugar substitute. Erythritol has almost zero calories, carbs, and low glycemic index. I buy it from my organic health shop as it is not widely available in supermarkets.
450g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids minimum), melted
115g butter, cut into pieces (add into the chocolate when melting)
6 eggs, separated
1 tblspn vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a 20 cm springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and erythritol until the mixture is thick and pale.
- Whisk the melted chocolate in with the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Put the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes until set in the centre. Cool in the tin and remove the paper.
- Eat and enjoy!