Almond Flour Bread

22 Aug

I assume that most low carbers still have a hankering for bread.   I have to still walk past the bread section in Spinneys and try not to look at their olive bread for fear of sobbing loudly.   I found a great recipe that has worked out really well as a replacement and now I can walk smugly past the bread section in the supermarket.    It is great with cashew nut hummus too.  And we now have a bread to dip into soups! Woohoo!   I make the almond flour by grinding almonds in a food processor….plain almonds and those with the skin still on both work well for this bread recipe.

INGREDIENTS

3 1/2 cups almond flour

3 eggs

1/4 cup melted butter

1 tspn baking soda

1 cup natural yoghurt

1/4 tspn salt

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
  2. Grease the insides of a loaf tin with butter.
  3. Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.  Or throw it into a food processor.
  4. Put the dough mix into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes.
  5. Cool in the pan, remove, eat and enjoy!

12 Responses to “Almond Flour Bread”

1. hotshot bald cop August 30, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Do actually assume this is true?

• Angie C August 31, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

Yes..easy to make and yummy to eat.

• Jess August 2, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

I have just tried this bread but it is very wet in the middle, how do i prevent it?

• Divalicious August 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

Hi Jess,
        Perhaps the oven temperature may need adjusting..turn it up a little higher. I do find that the temperatures of ovens can vary slightly at times. Or cook it for a bit longer. Cover the top with foil to stop it burning and bake for another 10-15 minutes, checking it from time to time. Good luck on the next attempt!

2. hotshot bald cop September 5, 2011 at 1:47 am #

My thoughts precisely!

3. Jess August 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

Hi Angie, I have baked it for extra 45mins and it is a nice loaf with a crispy crust :-) My first “bread”. The taste is good and reminds me of a cake loaf, one slice and it is very filling. I wonder if this almond bread (and the others in the bread section) freezes well or kept in the fridge for a long time? Many thanks!

• Divalicious August 5, 2012 at 10:23 am #

Yah! So glad it worked out good for you and that you like it! I think it will keep for about 3-5 days in the fridge but not too sure about freezing it though as I have not tried it.

• Jess August 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Your recipe for the bread is freezable! Yippee! :-) I sliced them & cling-wrapped them as a loaf. They froze beautifully without changing shape & taste or sticking together. I placed the frozen slices directly on a sandwich grill to create those pretty lines (I like them better when warm) and they tasted delicious! Now I can try other bread loaves without fearing I have to finish them in a short time. Thank you so much! :-)

• Divalicious August 11, 2012 at 2:48 pm #

Fantastic!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Roasted Red Pepper Spicy Cashew Nut Hummus « Divalicious In Dubai - August 22, 2011

[...] Household Recipes ← Tiramisu Almond Flour Bread → [...]