This is a side dish of turnip that you will want to eat again and again. The stacks look elegant and the garlic oil that they are cooked in really enhance this dish. You could play around with the seasoning but I rather like thyme along with turnip.
This makes a great side dish to a tasty main or roast dinner. The husband’s verdict was pleasing to the eye, pleasing to the palate.
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan and gently warm over low heat for abou 3-5 minuts until you can smell the garlic but before it goes brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Peel the turnips and thinly slice them in a food processor. They need to be waver thin.
- In a bowl combine the turnips and seasoning. Pour over the oil and mix well.
- Using a muffin tin, layer a turnip slice in the bottom of the muffin section and continue to place layers until they reach the top of the muffin tin.
- Repeat for all muffin sections.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve as a side dish, eat and enjoy!