I like the flavour combination of chocolate and coconut and put them together in the form of a donut. I had a day of making various donut recipes with coconut flour and this was one of them. Chocolate and coconut..what’s not to love!
As ever, you need a donut tin. I am yet to find a source in Dubai for this but have not looked too hard…I ordered mine via Amazon and it took about a week to get here. If anyone finds the tin here, please let me know so I can spread the word. As well as dipping these donuts into dessicated coconut, I also dipped a couple into ground erythritol as an alternative to icing sugar…tasted nice!
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup erythritol
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tblspn vanilla extract
2-3 tblspns Agave syrup
3-4 tblspns unsweeted grated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, ertyhtritol, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract. Blend well until the batter is smooth (a hand blender is handy! If not, work those arms!).
- Fill the donut tin to about 2/3 full with the batter and bake for about 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove, cool slightly and dip into the Agave syrup, then the coconut.
- Eat and enjoy!