I’ve just the recipe to make the base for Socca Pizza and made a Quesadilla. The result was yummy! A Quesadilla is basically a toasted tortilla with melted cheese inside but you can add any other ingredient too. I love onions, and tomatoes but feel free to be as creative as you wish! Here, I use gram flour for the tortilla, keeping it Gluten Free and low in carbs…yah..I’ll have another please..!
1 1/2 cups gram flour
1 cup water
2 tblspn oregano
2 tspn garlic powder
1-2 tblspn olive oil
Mozzarella cheese and other fillings of choice
- Mix the flour with the water and blend well so that there are no lumps.
- Add the oregano and garlic powder.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and pour half of the mixture into it and cover the base of the pan well.
- Cook until the bottom is golden and flip over. Cook until the other side is quite firm and golden.
- Remove and repeat for the remaining mixture, so you have two “tortillas”.
- Put one of the “tortilla” back in the pan and cover with your filling of choice and cheese. Place the other “tortilla” on top and gently cook for about 3 minutes. You want the outside of the quesadilla to be golden.
- Gently flip over the quesadilla and cook on the other side for a further 3 minutes.
- Cut into quarters, eat and enjoy!