This is just an amazing bread…easy to make, low in carbs and gluten free! As well as full of nutrients, it is tasty and great toasted. Compared with the “traditional yeasty” bread, this is just a matter of mixing in a bowl, no dough kneading required! Just so easy to make! No waiting for it to rise malarky either! Another great way to get flax into your daily diet too!
You could add herbs and other flavourings to this bread too! Change it to your own tastes. Alone, it tastes like a wholemeal bread (well to me anyway!). Some olives and sun dried tomatoes would be yummy….but your choice…your bread!
2 cups ground flax seeds/meal
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tblspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Grease a bread tin with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Whisk the eggs until light and frothy.
- Add the butter and water and mix well.
- Add the flax and salt and mix well.
- Put the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 40-50 mins until firm.
- Eat and enjoy!