This is now my favourite savoury muffin recipe as I just love the cheese and onion flavour combinations and this stops any weakness that I may have for a cheese and onion roll/pastry. It has the same flavour tastes, with none of that bad, bad pastry. Even better, is that because this is made out of coconut flour it is very filling and is perfect for keeping you going all morning. They also make a great side dish to tomato soup..but one is enough to fill you up with a bowl of soup too!
My tip is to bake a batch of them and keep them in the freezer. Take one out before you go to work and by the time you get there, it should be ready to eat (or you can zap it in the microwave for a hot treat). You are then set for the day!
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn ground white pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tblspns fresh chives, finely chopped
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
3-4 spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, water and salt and combine well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking soda and blend until smooth with no lumps.
- Add the Parmesan, Cheddar Cheese, chives and spring onions and mix well. Season with the pepper to taste.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spoon the mixture into them. Sprinkle on some grated cheese if you wish (either Parmesan or Cheddar works well)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
- Eat and enjoy!
Makes 6 Muffins
Nutrition: Per Muffin: 190 Calories; 15g Fat; 8g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carb