This is a lovely summer dish and is very light in taste. I loved the combination of lemon and slight of hint of chilli. It’s a lovely light dish with a salad or as a starter and a great way to perk up a courgette (zucchini).
You could use the scoope out courgette (zucchini) for a fritta too! Two meals for the price of one courgette..or a couple of them…..woohoo!
4 courgettes (zucchini)
250g tub ricotta
Zest of one lemon
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2-3 tblspns fresh herbs (your choice..mint/parsley/basil)
3-4 tlbspns Parmesan cheese, grated
salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Cut the courgettes (zucchini) in half and scoop out the seeds/flesh with a teaspoon.
- Mix the ricotta, lemon zest, chilli and fresh herbs together. Season to taste.
- Stuff the courgettes with the ricotta mixture and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!