Coconut Flour Flat Bread

14 Oct

It is difficult for me to put this into a category as they are sweet, but can also be used as a savoury flat bread.  They do have a delicate coconut taste, so if you want to use them as a sandwich wrap use a filling that would compliment the coconut flavour, perhaps some shredded chicken, lemon mayonnaise and lettuce?   You decide, you’re the one eating it, not me.  I had mine with some Roasted Red Pepper dip - very tasty!

INGREDIENTS  (this makes one)

1 tblspn coconut flour

1/16 tspn baking powder

2 egg whites

2 tblspn coconut milk

• Whisk all ingredients until you have a smooth batter with no lumps.
  • Heat a frying pan with a pat of butter on a medium heat and pour all the batter in the pan.  Tilt the pan until the batter covers all of the bottom of the pan.
  • Cook until the edges are brown, then flip over and cook the other side.
  • Fill with your filling of choice..sweet or savoury.
  • Eat and enjoy!

15 Responses to “Coconut Flour Flat Bread”

1. Catherine B June 11, 2013 at 11:20 pm #

I made these the other day, almost exact recipe, but there wasn’t any liquid in it and they don’t fold at ALL. I did add a couiple tablesp. of water to it, but no go. Maybe milk would help.. I’ll try again. I also found that the flavor is a little odd, so I shouldve added spices..

• Divalicious June 15, 2013 at 10:47 am #

I would add more coconut milk perhaps..spice it up with some herbs? Hope the next one works out okay for you.

2. Kelly August 3, 2013 at 6:01 pm #

This is so good! and it will save me money.

3. Elle (@thewaybyelle) April 5, 2014 at 8:43 pm #

I made this tonight on my griddle and then used it as a pizza crust. VERY GOOD! THANK YOU!

4. img April 13, 2014 at 1:17 pm #

Can this be made in a microwave?

• Divalicious April 14, 2014 at 12:12 pm #

Hi, I’m not too sure to be honest. Give it a try and let me know how it works out!

5. Linda May 18, 2014 at 9:21 pm #

I can’t eat eggs….anyone try flax eggs or something else?

• Divalicious May 19, 2014 at 7:20 pm #

I haven’t…flax eggs might work..let me know how it goes!

6. Dawn August 18, 2014 at 9:09 pm #

What in the world is 1/16th of a teaspoon???? How does one measure that, exactly?

• Divalicious August 19, 2014 at 5:15 pm #

Hi Dawn, it’s a quarter of a quarter teaspoon…or just a “dash” in other words!

7. Linda September 20, 2014 at 3:10 pm #

looks good. i want to make it but why just egg whites? can we add the whole egg?

• Divalicious September 22, 2014 at 8:18 am #

I find that the egg white keeps it light and not too “eggy” but feel free to add the whole egg. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for popping by!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks