Almond butter bread

5 Dec

This is a simple bread from just a few ingredients which is easy to make.  It gives a nice soft bread that could be used for sandwiches, toasted or a nice topping spread all over it.    I use my own made almond butter, but you could always buy the expensive version in a jar if you have no food processor.  You could always add nuts or bananas to this bread too for a more exotic version!

This did not last the day in the household so has my Chief tasters seal of approval.  We used it for cheese and toast but I suspect that it would be lovely as French bread, but will have to wait for the next batch as I am currently looking at two ends after the husband..aka Chief taster got to ti.   It can be frozen too, so you can make this ahead for bread emergencies!

INGREDIENTS

1 cup almond butter

4 eggs

1/4 tspn salt

1 tspn baking soda

• Preheat the oven to 150C/325F degrees.
  • Whisk the almond butter and eggs together.
  • Add the salt and baking soda and mix well.
  • Put the mixture into a lined loaf tin.
  • Bake for 30 minutes.
  • Remove from the oven and cool.
  • Eat and enjoy!

15 Responses to “Almond butter bread”

1. I Live in a Frying Pan December 5, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Love this! It’s so simple even I could make it, and I probably will! :)

2. Devina Divecha (FooDee) December 5, 2011 at 10:22 am #

That’s it? That’s all you have to do to make bread?! THAT’S IT?! *mouth hangs open*
    Love it! Btw when you say “one cup”, how much is that? :S Sorry I’m a very weird cook (and I say the word cook loosely :P); need exact measurements for everything and I’m unsure what one cup means.

• Angie C December 6, 2011 at 8:24 am #

hee hee…I use cup measurements that I brought from M&S but you can buy them in most stores too. I would guess that it equals about 8oz….

3. glenda December 5, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

Wow! I can’t believe this has simple steps. Definitely going to try this.

4. libby anderson June 29, 2012 at 7:53 am #

Isn’t this suitable for low carb too?

5. libby anderson July 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm #

Made it and it was good. Many thanks

6. Christianne August 8, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

I want to bake this, and soon, but please can someone tell me what size loaf tins you are using for this bread and for the almond flour bread?
    Thanks in advance.
    Love your recipes x

• Divalicious August 9, 2012 at 9:28 am #

Thank you so much for popping by! Glad you are enjoying the recipes!

I used a fairly small loaf tin..not sure of exact size but it’s not that big.

7. ggofatl November 11, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

No flour or yeast? Seems something is missing to have bread.

• Divalicious November 11, 2013 at 7:31 pm #

Welcome to the world of gluten free bread! Wonders can be baked with almond and coconut flour, just to keep the carb element down. Bread without bloating, or raising your sugar levels…enjoy :)

8. Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy June 8, 2014 at 11:46 am #

My only fear is this coming out a little “Eggy” with an almond butter taste. Does it have the same consistency as bread?

• Divalicious June 8, 2014 at 1:44 pm #

I did not find eggy, and it is like a soft bread. Hope you enjoy it!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Almond Butter Bread | Fresh Perspective Nutrition - March 5, 2014

[…] this recipe on another healthy food blog called Divalicious Recipes in the City. The original ishere. The recipe uses just 4 ingredients, and has no flour, so it’s gluten free. It is, however, […]